Nolan is going to be 1 in less than a month. Wow!
Still in the 15 pound range at last appointment (Nurse said 15.3 as a naked kid but for his 8/9 month update, I had weighed him with clothes on and got 15.6- he did not lose weight. The Dr. is happy with his slow weight gain/maintenance) We plan to get accurate stats on his birthday!
Playing with balls-Cleaning up blocks (putting it in the container)-Being outside-Watching people-Playing with Alivia-Giving kisses to his mama-Seeing Daddy come home from work-Blueberries-Baked Goods (pancakes and muffins are his favorite)-Chocolate (yes, I have sneaked a few pieces to him here and there and he LOVES it)-Being held-Taking Baths (but he likes no other types of water like splash park or puddles or the pool)-Standing up-Waving (he grins so big when we tell him to wave “bye-bye”)-Stroller rides-Dogs from afar-Music and dancing-Playing with the play kitchen and all the accessories-Getting into dirt piles- crawling…
Nolan's Dislikes (I’m adding this category because he all of sudden has quite a few):
Getting wet (aside from bath time)-Diaper change time (he cries and screams and tries to roll away from me; have you ever tried to change a cloth diaper on a squirmy kiddo. I’m getting better but it is still hard)-Going in the car seat (arching back, screaming, and full out baby tantrum-only trick is to give him some food to stay distracted)-Sitting still (i.e. high chair)-falling asleep on his own with out being nursed to sleep…
Nolan's New Things:
- He now loves to throw things all the time and when we ask him to throw it, he kind of winds up to make his throw and then flaps his hands with excitement after he makes his throw.
- Nolan is a crawling machine now… And, by crawling machine, I mean he can crawl like a champ when he wants to. He still chooses to stay in one place quite often, but he will crawl if he has his mind set on getting his little, cute hands on something.
- He can stand in once place for about 15-25 seconds before falling on his bum. He just smiles and laughs when he falls and then wants to do it again.
- Nolan is trying out all sorts of foods with us and likes the majority of what we give him. His new favorite food is buffalo hot dogs. Yummy!
- Nolan took the bottle for the first time at 11 months when I was out of the house helping with a garage sale and my mom was watching the kiddos for 5 hours.
- Nolan can understand if we are asking him if he wants “milk”, “all done”, or “more” in sign language and occasionally, not on demand, will use his signs
- Nolan has a not-so-great habit of hitting faces and biting legs. For the hitting, he thinks it is a funny game and for the biting, he is teething. We are trying to teach him that these are not indeed a funny game or something acceptable.
- He has his 2 bottom front teeth and this top two front are making there way.